Saturday 12 June 2010

The path to starting my own cake business

I'm a trained pastry chef and for years I've had a dream of owning my own bakery/cake shop/pasticerria, whatever you want to call it. Having always worked for other people and been amazed by their arrogance, cynicism and total lack of brain cells, I have come to the conclusion that I do have a brain and some talent and I have just as much, if not more of a chance to create and run a successful business, as they. I have never bitten that bullet of realising my dream, until now. Maybe it's because i'm in a job that I thought might just be the one to make me happy and give me some real fulfillment, but alas, tis not. Slowly as the days drag by I realise I am wasting my time, working for people who do not appreciate what I do. Baking is not just a job it is a passion. I cook because I like to create but primarily to make people happy. The dream has to become a reality, I hope this time next year I am baking on my own terms, in my own kitchen and creating delights that people will devour on a daily basis. So Mr Blog, I guess I'd better get on with printing some business cards and baking some tasty treats. Cupcakes are on the agenda this afternoon. Must remember to take lots of photos and post them up. Ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment