Saturday 12 June 2010

Business cards and sticky fingers

So here are my business cards. Vistaprint do an ok deal, well it's a much better deal than any of the printing places nearby. I wanted to use my own design but it costs more and I really don't want to be forking out too much money at such an early stage. Its got the basics and it does the job, I hope!



After sorting the cards out it was time to get in the kitchen and make some cupcakes. I need to decide on the various recipes I'm going to use in the future and have a number that i've been trying out. Today I made some strawberry, vanilla, chocolate, lemon and coconut versions. I tried out a new buttercream recipe using a meringue base and I was pleasantly surprised. It's a lot less sweet than my usual version and I may be a convert. It takes a little more time than normal buttercream but it holds its shape well and is very easy to handle. All you need are egg whites, sugar, salt, butter and any flavourings or colourings. I'll put the methods up later if anyone wants to know how to make it.

So as promised a few photos of todays experiments.


1 comment: