Sunday 13 June 2010

More experimenting, good job the kids are here....

I wanted to get some more cakes done today and try some new recipes. It's a bit of a dilemma because I need to make the cakes to see what recipes I'm going to stick with and although I have a very sweet tooth I can't eat all of them. So what do I do with them. Luckily the kids are here today and they love cakes, so i'll treat them. The rest I'm gonna have to freeze.

I had some strawberries left over from yesterday so I wanted to try out a strawberry cheesecake cupcake. I made some strawberry cupcakes the other day at work but for some reason they turned out too mushy. It's probably because I didn't stick to the recipe. But these turned out great. A light, fruity, moist cake, topped with a cream cheese frosting and some digestive biscuit crumbs. It's a recipe from the Hummingbird bakery cookbook but I'm hoping to add my own touches to the recipe, I think some ground almonds and a few extras will make them even more delicious.

I tried some banana and pecan muffins and they didn't come out how I wanted. I tried combining two recipes, a banana and pecan muffin from Martha Stewart and a banana and cinnamon muffin from the Hummingbird book. I used a mixture of milk with lemon juice to curdle it slightly, this is what I usually use when I have no buttermilk at hand (which I needed for the recipe). They taste good but are too heavy. I'm gonna have to experiment a bit more with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment