Monday 21 June 2010

Cherry ice cream with a kick....

I know it's not a cake but this ice cream is delicious and seeing as the cherry season is upon us and going to continue for a month or two I thought I would include it.

I came up with the recipe a while ago after buying my ice cream machine. I had some cherries to use up and some cherry brandy in the cupboard and thought I would mix them together and see what concoction I could come up with. The result, a delicious fruity, creamy ice with a little alcoholic kick. You can use cherry brandy or kirsch and if you don't have fresh cherries use tinned ones or even better preserved cherries in syrup. This is a great adult after dinner treat but if you want to make it for the kids simply omit the alcohol.




The quantities for an approximate pint are as follows. 350g cherries, 200ml whole milk, 200ml double cream, 180g caster sugar, a small glass of kirsch or cherry brandy.


Simply place the sugar in a saucepan with the milk and double cream and heat gently until the sugar dissolves. Meanwhile place the cherries and the brandy in a liquidizer and blitz. Add the cream mixture to the cherries and blend. Chill the mix and then place in an ice cream machine and churn. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment