Sunday 18 July 2010

retirement cakes.....

Today I finished decorating 125 vanilla cupcakes with red sugarpaste "c" 's for an event at my sister's school. I must mention here that my adorable boyfriend helped to make the little c's until he was "c sick"! In fact he made about 3/4 of them. So thanks Mr P.


I also finished decorating two retirement cakes I was asked to make. Both Victoria sponge cakes with buttercream and jam filling covered in marzipan and icing. The decoration is made from coloured sugarpaste. One for an art teacher and the other for a maths teacher. The text is written in black ink and white chocolate. Hope they like them. This is my first attempt at making a cake like this. I need some cake smoothers to get a better and cleaner finish next time and some more decorating equipment, but I'm quite happy with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment